Monday, October 13, 2008

Stuff

So it's been a really long time since we posted anything, and even though we still don't have a lot to post-I am getting sick of looking at our blog, so I guess this is just stuff to fill up space.

So the first week of September Dave, Audrey and I went to the Blackfoot fair right after school. It was a nice day outside and it was fun to be at the fair-it brought back good memories. We wandered through the different booths and looked at all the animals. We didn't go on any of the rides because fair rides are a little scary, expensive, and we didn't want to have another episode like in Denver.




Later that month we celebrated Grandma Walker's birthday. Everyone minus Kitsy and Shane's families (we're sad you weren't there) were there and we ate dinner outside. The weather has been beautiful this fall (except that today it has been snowing all day so fall is basically over) and so it was fun to be together outside. We spent a lot of the day inside great grandma and grandpa Elkington's house listening to their old Edison record player. Grandma told us some fun stories about when she was little and listened to it, and we even got to listen to the Three Billy Goats Gruff which brought back good memories for me of when grandma used to tell us that story.






Our ward had an Elders Quorum clay pigeon shooting activity where the wives were invited. Luckily there were 2 other girls there, because I felt really out of place. I shot three times, didn't hit anything and thought my arm was going to fall off. Dave however did really well, for the fact that he had never even shot a gun before.



School for me has been going good so far. I have a really good class this year. They are really nice and hard working and we seem to have fun. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like it to be summer vacation where I could read my book and do nothing, but it's good so far. Dave switched back to part time at the bank so two days a week he can work on art.
I think I decided to deport Dave because he filled out the wrong form to get his greencard renewed which cost $370. It turns out we cannot get that money back and the form he needs to actually fill out costs $540. He is going to write a sob story letter about how we cannot afford it to see if they will waive the fee. If that doesn't work maybe I will move to a city on the US side of the border and we can visit each other every once in awhile.
So that is life for us. We hope all of you are doing well!

No comments: